Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bookin' It: June update

I realize I am way behind on the Bookin' It update, but better late than never, right? Right. Hm, is it awkward to answer your own rhetorical question? Probably not. Moving on.

Though I haven't been posting about it, I have actually done a fair amount of reading in the last month. Especially when you consider all the company I've had to host. So, here's what I've been pawing through:

A Thousand Splendid Suns - I haven't read the Kite Runner, but it'll definitely be on my list. I really enjoyed this one, but it definitely wasn't fun, summery/beachy reading. I did find it enlightening and educational about the Muslim culture and what Afghanistan was like before all this craziness started.
Miracle at St. Anna - I actually bought this book a while ago (before it became a movie), but forgot about it and didn't read it. Now I've read it, and, well, I'm not gonna lie. It was painful for me to get through. I didn't enjoy this book at all. I could'a bought a whole lot of Milkbones for what I paid for this book and I just really didn't enjoy it. Maybe I missed something huge in it though, so if any of you 3 who read this have read the book and can enlighten me, please do.
Crime and Punishment - I liked it. I hadn't actually ever read it and found it pretty entertaining. I might read it again in the near future because I feel like I probably missed some things, what with all those crazy Russian names. It'd be easier to keep them straight if they named the folks George, Peter, and Kathy.

Odd. It seems like I read a lot more than just 3 books. For some reason I am thinking I read some other books, but I can't remember. Oh well. Next time I will keep a better list. This is what happens when you get old and turn 6. Did I mention my birthday was in June? Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment