Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nitty Gritty Details: Part 5

In my last installment, I pointed you in the right direction to find some good ways to earn Swagbucks. Did you find it helpful? If you'd like to go back and read the other parts in the Nitty Gritty Details series, you can find them all under the tab labeled "Series" at the top of your screen.

Ok, so next up is MySurvey.com. This is probably my favorite survey site. The surveys are rarely very lengthy, and even if they are lengthy they tend to give you a very realistic idea of how much time the survey will take. For instance, when you fill out a screener survey (screener = a few quick questions to decide if you fit the demographic they need for their survey), you will then see a prompt that says something like "You have qualified to continue with this survey. It will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. Would you like to continue?". Easy enough, right?

When you sign up for MySurvey, you will be presented with a LONG list of of profile questions. These are to make sure you are given the opportunity to take surveys for which you qualify. Blessedly, you don't have to do these all at once, because it gets a little monotonous. BUT, once you complete them (and you earn points for each one you complete) you really have a better chance of getting surveys that will earn you big points. I filled them out when I initially signed up for MySurvey and then have updated my profile about every six months just to make sure I get all the surveys I am eligible for.

Ok, so now you've filled out your profile. Now what? Now you go to "My Surveys" on your dashboard (the screen you see after logging in). That's where you'll see what surveys are available for you. When you create your account, you can also set it up so that you receive email notification every time there is a new survey available for you. I have this option set up as there are not always surveys everyday, and I'd rather not waste my time logging in for nothing. Plus, I will frequently wait until I have 3 or 4 surveys available and then do them all in one sitting.

As you complete surveys, you will receive points. You can then use the points to cash in for various "prizes". They have actual prize items, cash (via PayPal or check), and gift cards (including my personal favorite, Amazon!). While it's not a huge selection of items, I generally stick with Amazon gift cards or cash, so it's always a good fit for me.

Go check out MySurvey and let me know if you try it and like (or dislike) it!

Stay tuned for the next installment where we'll be covering on of the most lucrative points programs, MyPoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment